As far as I’m concerned, I cannot be grateful too much. I find reasons to be grateful in the smallest of things, though today was not one of the small things! I had an amazing evening with friends, chatting, dancing, sharing wonderful food, and celebrating another friend’s milestone of 60 years in this human existence! What could be better? Finding this on my Facebook page tonight!
But I would like to add “and end it with one as well!”
As most of us have discovered, abundance attracts abundance, gratitude attracts more of what you’re grateful for, and love attracts love.
I was fortunate enough, tonight, to share not only wonderful company, but warm, from the depths of the heart, hugs. I got to reconnect with an old friend, and laugh, joke and celebrate with others. I especially love these (sort of) away from dancing social events because it allows me an opportunity to get to know my dance friends just a little better! When we’re at one of the dance clubs, our focus is on the dancing, and the volume is typically too loud to hold much of a conversation anyway. We put our energy into the joy of the dance, and although we are most definitely connected, we’re not getting to see that wonderful, inner person we all are!
But take us away from the clubs, and even if there happens to be some dancing, we still get that precious time together to share another piece of ourselves and to learn how much more we all have in common besides the dancing and the music.
So yes, I begin each day with a grateful heart (though it would take a really sad person not to when awakened by my pile of fluffballs wanting cuddles and snuggles!) and I make a point of looking for the small things, and waging mini celebrations all day long. (ask my daughter some time about my green light song. Though she’ll probably roll her eyes first!)
People might call me odd or strange, but I’ll bet those who do don’t enjoy the littlest things in life nearly as much as I do!
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for all of the little things in my life, because, simple math will tell you that a plethora of little things very quickly becomes a plethora of big things!
2. I am grateful for the time I was fortunate enough to spend with family, friends and people I just met this evening. They were all truly delightful and filled my joy meter to the top and then some!
3. I am grateful for Loki’s continuing improvements and am especially grateful to have my loud, obnoxious, loveable little troublemaker showing very definite signs of feeling better than she has in awhile.
4. I am grateful for the ability to visualize perfection until perfection has to be.
5. I am grateful that I found a dress for my reunion with a minimum of pain, and an enjoyable afternoon with my daughter.
Love and light.