About mid-day today, it hit me that today is September 28th, a day of double significance to me. Today was not only my dad’s birthday, but the one and only day I actually got married. Granted, it didn’t last forever as I had intended on that day, but I did get two beautiful daughters and now, not only a granddaughter, but a son-in-law out of that fateful union. And despite the fact that it wasn’t the happily ever after I’d hoped for, I did come away with a lot of lessons, and the opportunity for many more over the years. But I think the very best lesson to come out of that day was that I can love myself unconditionally, to the point that if I do marry again, it will be someone who also loves me unconditionally. I learned that I deserve far better than what I believed on that day 32 years ago. I learned that I didn’t have to be the self-deprecating woman I was then.
So today, I appreciate the lessons, but also appreciate the woman I have become, and I value her highly.
Today’s gratitudes are:
1. I am grateful for my marriage which taught me my true value.
2. I am grateful for work days which make me appreciate the weekends that much more.
3. I am grateful for beautiful days, of which there are many, and I’m especially grateful that there are so many!
4. I am grateful for casual dinners with my kids.
5. I am grateful for my monthly massages.
Love and light