After two days of waking up unable to straighten out my back for the first 30-45 minutes, I went to see my chiropractor after work today. He told me that my pain was caused by a rib that was out of place. After much popping, pressing, stretching and such, he was able to pop the rib back into place (and I’m hoping there aren’t any more!) but I think it’s a lot like a dislocated shoulder. Putting it back into place hurts more than it did when it was out! But a little heat and a lot of icing has made it tolerable, so I’m hoping a good night’s sleep will take me that much closer to normal. Now don’t get me wrong. I’m grateful for the aches and pains that remind me I’m alive, but this was a little more than even my relatively high tolerance for pain could manage.
So tonight, I passed on lugging heavy sandboxes out to the trash can in favor of less pain tomorrow. The kitties will survive another day or two as long as I keep things scooped out, and my back will be eternally grateful for the respite. The pain did get me down on the floor for a stretch today, which I’ve been neglecting of late, so that’s a good thing too. And on Friday I’ll have pain meds for my knee that may end up doing double duty for awhile as the timing only leaves me with one more chiro appointment for the next couple of weeks. I feel bad enough having to have Mathom shlep me back and forth to the doctor. I can hardly ask him to run me around next week for errands and chiro appointments too! And besides, I think a whole body relaxation session is in order and that should put things right like nothing else can!
So much for explaining why tonight’s entry will be relatively short.
Tonight’s gratitudes are:
1. I’m grateful for the aches and pains that remind me I’m still able to smell the daisies instead of pushing them up.
2. I’m grateful for my kitties who just hung out with me on the sofa tonight (now if I could just teach them to cook and clean up the kitchen!)
3. I am grateful for my daughter and son-in-law who are there when I need them, and who can usually make me laugh.
4. I am grateful for the successful adoption of several new, good habits.
5. I am grateful for air conditioning in my home, car and office as it looks like another heat wave is upon us.
Love and light.