So here it is, the 6th of November. I’ve increased my task list to include:
1. Full time job
2. Writing a 50,000 word novel in a month.
3. Keeping up two blogs.
4. Doing everything I can to keep my family of felines healthy.
5. Regular gym visits.
6. Dancing at least twice a week.
7. Ascension Resonance Therapy Training
8. Keeping my house from becoming a toxic waste site, including regular removal of kitty hork (which I was fortunate enough to find with my bare foot two mornings out of three this week!)
9. Monthly healing sessions including my regular massage and one other session.
10. Participation in at least one writer’s group and attending some of their events.
This is only a partial list because it doesn’t take into account things like my reunion weekend, a Celebration of Life for a recently departed acquaintance and all of the other miscellany like grocery shopping and meal preparation which one must do to sustain one’s body, and of course, spending time with my daughter and son-in-law.
The crazy part of it all is that since adding several items to my list, I am suddenly finding myself leaping out of bed with great enthusiasm to get started on the new day! No more am I swatting the alarm, thinking “just one more time!” or locking Toby out so I can sleep for a few more minutes before serving His Lordship breakfast!
Not only that, I’m coming home from my day job still full of energy, eating a quick dinner, taking care of a few things, and sitting down to write, like clockwork at 9:00 PM and continuing to do so until about 11:00 every night! Only after my writing session and my word count update on NaNoWriMo do my blog updates get done!
Granted, when I finally hit the bed between 12:00 and 1:30, contacts safely stowed and teeth freshly brushed, I am falling asleep in what seems like seconds, sans any tossing and turning at all! I’m getting up, maybe twice a night to answer nature’s call, instead of my usual three or four times. And I’m waking up more rested than I ever have, despite averaging 5 1/2 to 6 hours of sleep a night!
I’m also experiencing a sudden change in eating habits. I’m eating very little meat, and when I do, it’s only chicken or fish. What’s even more frightening is that I’ve lost my taste for *GASP* chocolate!
The question at the forefront of my mind is: “What is causing this enormous shift?”
I’m certainly not making a conscious effort to change my eating and sleeping habits. Not that I mind the changes!
I’ve also discovered that I really am loving life, no matter what it might toss my way. I’m feeling the bliss in the very air I breathe, the life around me, the food I eat and everyone whose lives touch mine. I’m seeing the beauty in everything, without even trying!
Even the wind that was howling outside my door this morning, while, at first, a little irritating, soon showed how beautifully it cleared all of the crud out of the air!
I would have to sum this up by saying “I’ve traded being stressed out for being blissed out!”
And speaking of being blissed out, I caught up!!! I was about 1,000 words behind and by starting earlier tonight, and just letting the words flow, I caught up!!! 2700+ words in less than 2 hours! OK, Universe! You heard me! I want the words to pour out of me like this all the time! You know I can type fast enough to keep up!!!
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my nagging, PITA daughter who talks me into some crazy challenges.
2. I am grateful for the flow of words that added so much to my novel tonight.
3. I am grateful for my wonderful, crazy friends who offer both encouragement and distraction when I need it.
4. I am grateful for dance nights which, though they’ll cause a tilt in my writing time, are just as important in keeping the creative juices flowing!
5. I am grateful for all of the bliss I’m feeling and the positive changes I’m making without even trying.
Love and light.