Basking in the Afterglow
I’m giving myself a well-deserved blog post free night while I enjoy the immense though brief satisfaction of having finally completed the first draft of A Dubious Gift which I began during the 2014 NaNoWriMo last November.
This brief but well-deserved respite will be followed by a frantic and lengthy embarkation into what I think of fondly as “rewrite hell”. Two books await my gentle ministrations and the less gentle ones of my critique groups. A Dubious Gift will go hide in the closet for a while, fearful of losing its very soul on the cutting room floor.
And now for some shameless self-promotion:
I’d love it if you’d visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SheriLevensteinConawayAuthor?ref=aymt_homepage_panel and my website, www.shericonaway.com. I’ve created these pages as a means of positive affirmation and would be very grateful if you’d “like” them or leave a comment! Thank you!
I will leave you with tonight’s gratitudes:
1. I am grateful that I finally finished the first draft of my second novel. (does that sound amazing or what???) Typing the words “The End” has never felt so good!
2. I am grateful for the family and friends who have supported my endeavors to this point and tolerated the associated lunacy.
3. I am grateful that after almost a year and a half of being a full-time writer, I actually have something tangible to show for it (between the two novels alone, there are close to 200,000 words!). I’m not even going to try to count the words I’ve blogged. What I do know is that almost exactly 2 years ago, there were already close to 400,000 words, and I’ve been far more prolific since then.
4. I am grateful that my muse seems to show up whenever I kick the procrastination fairy out and actually sit down at my computer with a Word document open and the cursor blinking at me with malicious intent.
5. I am grateful for abundance; words, ideas, stories, friends, family, love, joy, opportunities, blessings, health, peace, harmony, prosperity and philanthropy.