A couple of days of meditations, working out, a little house cleaning (literally and figuratively), and a session with my teacher finds me less scattered and more calm. Calmed all the way back down? Probably not, but at least I’m not jumping out of my skin every other minute today!
Once again, the Universe, in it’s infinite wisdom (or irascible sense of humor), is offering me yet another lesson in patience. I know some major changes are coming, both in releases and abundance, and my natural inclination is to ask: “Can’t you give me just one, teensy hint?”
Asking is futile, and I well know it. The only answer I’m likely to receive, assuming I receive an answer at all would be: “Suck it up! You’ll know when you know! Now don’t you have work to do???”
Since I know this imagined answer is pretty much right on the mark, I set my nose to the grindstone and either get some things marked off of my to-do list or do some serious work on me. I’m tempted to set the intention for some lucid dreaming tonight, in hopes that I will move further along the continuum to a calm, settled me. But on the flip side is the Universe’s tendency to have a few laughs at my expense which could mean that the dreams I get would either confuse me more, or send me off in a direction which is sure to include pratfalls and a few painful truths.
So instead, I think I will do the smart thing, and in so doing, thwart my buddy, the Universe a bit. I will exercise that rusty, old patience of mine. I will focus on abundance and balance. I will mark a few more things off of my to-do list. I will have faith that all will turn out in my best interests as long as I don’t put a stick in the spokes and send myself flying over the handlebars.
Best of all, I will open my arms to release all of the old, unneeded stuff, and accept that when I close them again, only the things I really need will remain.
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for the scattered times because they make me appreciate the calm times.
2. I am grateful for the scattered times because they help me sort through the old and welcome in the new.
3. I am grateful for the people and other resources available to me while I fumble my way through my personal transition.
4. I am grateful for the love and abundance which is coming into my life and bringing the balance I’ve been needing.
5. I am grateful for a large, soft bed which is, even now, being warmed by my furry roommates.
Love and light