On this second to last day of 2013, I find myself marveling over how far, not only I have come, but how far the people closest to me have come as well.
For myself, I was encouraged by a friend to begin a new journey in July which led me to reassess where I was and where I wanted to be, enabling me to make a huge change in early December. I finally put my faith in myself and my ability to thrive, and left the confines which were part and parcel of a steady paycheck to follow my dreams.
In so doing, I not only received a huge outpouring of love and support from the ladies with whom I’m sharing the journey which began in July, but also from friends both new and old, and from my daughter and son-in-law as well. I am swimming in a pool of such intense, positive energy that sinking isn’t even within the realms of my reality.
I find that I am energized to the point of hyperactive these days, unable to sit still for too long without doing something, anything except just sitting and being completely mindless. Ideas fly through my head like meteorites on crack, and things I have wanted to organize for years are suddenly almost organizing themselves.
Then there’s my daughter and son-in-law who have been thinking and re-thinking their journey, allowing themselves to bide their time when necessary, change directions when it would further their plans, and learn valuable lessons along the way. Their journey continues, though, for the moment, they don’t know where it will take them. They are excited about going, and where they land first is the least of their concerns (as long as it is a safe environment for their furry and scaly children!).
I’m learning, more and more, to recognize when I’m negative talking to myself and I put a stop to it quickly, turning it to something beautiful and joyful and abundant.
Yes, I still have many lessons to learn, many books to get written, many people to work on forgiving. But life would be boring without something to strive for and unknown marvels around the next corner.
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful to my friend, Barb, who encouraged me to begin the journey towards becoming a healer.
2. I am grateful to the ladies who are sharing my journey. We are all so different, yet complementary to each other, with our own, unique gifts and perspectives.
3. I am grateful for my dance friends who are always positive, supportive and, best of all, joyful!
4. I am grateful that I will see the New Year in doing what I enjoy most, with many of the people I have come to love and appreciate more than ever this year.
5. I am grateful for the relationship I have with my daughter and son-in-law and for the new journey they are beginning. The changes to all of our lives will only make us grow better and stronger.
Love and light.